The culinary adventures of a non-foodie foodie yearning to learn more. There are recipes, commentaries and tidbits that our aspiring domestic goddess has come across in her journey.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Employed and Making Cakes When I Can

I'm embarrassed! It's been 9 months since I have posted anything. What a terrible Blogger I am!

In the last 9 months I have looked for a job, found one and loved it. I also completed all of the Wilton's decorating classes and even taught for a couple of months. Not as easy as it looks (which didn't surprise me) but the joy on a student's face when they create something they love is priceless! I'm just sorry that my schedule didn't let me teach any more.

December was a good cake month. I new I was starting a new job in January, so with that stress off my back, Christmas was a super creative month for me cake-wise. Here are three of the creations I made for the holidays:



I have been engulfed in starting my new job, so not until a dear dear friend of mine requested I make the cake for her son's first birthday party did I get my fingers back into the clay like fondant. She asked me to do a NY Yankees cake. What do you think?



I also made sure to make the birthday boy his own little confection to enjoy and destroy...and that he did!



I hope to keep the creativity flowing and the confections rising! Happy Summer (what's left of it, at least!)

No comments: