Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Snowman Pancakes - Simple and Fun!

photo: Non-Foodie Foodie

Over the summer we traveled the Ohio River Valley visiting family. One of our stops was to visit my Aunt Cathy and Uncle Brian. They have 2 grown boys (I mean like 6 foot plus grown boys) so they were excited to have babies back in her house - my 3 year old niece and nephew and my Shorty. My Aunt Cathy broke out her big fry pan and made the most amazing shaped pancakes.  They made the kiddies go crazy. This truly inspired me!

Since then I've been trying to make my pancakes a bit more interesting. I've got Mickey Mouse's head down pretty good. Then I came across The 17 Ways To Live (really live) in January from Paper & Glam.

Paper & Glam Blogger, Lisamarie, has put these wonderfully seasonal lists together to give, basically, a bucket list of seasonal fun, but done monthly and available to you as a printable download for free (see link above).

photo via @paperandglam's Instagram

One of Paper & Glam's January items is to celebrate this cold month with Snowman Pancakes. After a quick search through Pinterest to get some ideas, I had what I wanted to do.

I made this as simple as I could. I used pancake mix (my favorite is always Hungry Jack Extra Light and Fluffy). This one above had the head made first then the body (one small circle then one big circle made with a spoon). The toughest part of the whole thing is flipping it over. I suggest make the pancake to match at least 3/4 of the spatula size.

I friend up bacon in full strips in my new FAVORITE appliance - the Air Fryer. The bacon lies across the "neck" to make a scarf.  Next add chocolate chips for the eyes and the buttons, and voila`!  You have a cute and yummy snowman.

My co-chef wanted to have one "with hair".

photo: Non-Foodie Foodie

For this one, I started with the body then added a smaller circle for the head. I took a baby spoon and made two small pig tails on either side.

Once it was cooked, I added butter (very hard to do after the chocolate chips are added), a bacon scarf, and let Erin add the eyes and buttons. She wanted a mouth and a bow, all added with chocolate chips.

Once you take a picture of your SUPER cute creation (#latergram) - smother in syrup (if that's your thing) and enjoy!! 

I also consider this one a Pinterest Win!  It pretty much looks like (or even a little better, but I'm biased) than the ones I got inspiration from.

With this success, this weekend we are going to try Snowman Pizza, also on Paper & Glam's January list.

This post contains links, but at the time of writing this post, there is no affiliate program I am subscribed to.

No comments:

Snowman Pancakes - Simple and Fun!

photo: Non-Foodie Foodie Over the summer we traveled the Ohio River Valley visiting family. One of our stops was to visit my Aunt Cathy...